- The CCM is composed of members, who shall elect a Chair and a Vice-Chair.
- The CCM may appoint an Executive Committee and other CCM committees (as required).
- The CCM will establish a Secretariat, and when successful will approve the appointment of an Executive Secretary to lead the Secretariat.
- The hierarchy of authority shall be as follows: CCM; Executive Committee; Chair; Board Member, Executive Secretary. Within this hierarchy, any party can be over-ruled by parties higher in the hierarchy. The Vice-Chair shall only have formal powers in this hierarchy when acting on behalf of the Chair.
The CCM shall contain the following numbers of members from the following sectors within [Papua New Guinea]:
- Government 5Members (NDoH, NACS and Regional Provincial Representatives
- Academic/educational institutions 1 Member
- Multilateral development partners operating in-country 3 Members (WHO and UNAIDS) and rotating with (UNICEF and UN Women)
- Bi-lateral Development Partners operating in country – 2 Members
- Domestic non-governmental organisations (NGOs) –HIV/AIDS 2 Members
- Domestic non-governmental organisations (NGOs) – Malaria – 1 Member
- Domestic non-governmental organisations (NGOs) – TB – 1 Member
- Community-based organisations (CBOs) – 1 Member
- International NGOs (INGOs) operating in-country 1 Member
- Religious/faith-based organisations 1 Member
- Private sector 2 Members People living with diseases 3 Members (HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria representative)
Every effort shall be made to ensure that at least 30 percent of the CCM members are female, and that the CCM includes several people with in-depth understanding of the gender dimensions of the epidemics:
– There shall be representation on the CCM from youth and from at-risk communities.
- The maximum size of the CCM shall be 26 members.
- At most 20 percent of the CCM members shall come from the government sector.
- At least 25 percent of the CCM members shall come from the domestic civil society sectors
- Organisation(s) serving as PR(s) that have not been chosen as voting members of the CCM shall be requested to attend CCM meetings in a non-voting capacity.
- At least two technical observers shall be requested to attend CCM meetings where their particular discipline is listed as an agenda item
Each PNG CCM member shall have a designated alternate member who may represent the constituency in the absence of the appointed member where the appointed member provides written communication at least 36 hours beforehand to the Secretariat of his/her absence.
To enable the PNG CCM to function efficiently and effectively, committees, working groups, and ad hoc teams may be constituted either on a temporary or ongoing basis by the PNG CCM to support the work of the PNG CCM. Terms of reference for such committees, working groups and ad hoc teams shall be determined by the PNG CCM.
Standing committees of the CCC shall include the following:
(a) Executive Committee;
(b) Oversight Committee;
(c) Proposal Development Committee.
The PNG CCM may also engage consultants or other resource persons to assist in the work of the PNG CCM.
The structure of the PNG CCM is intended to provide a supportive environment in which members may fulfill their roles and responsibilities in a transparent and effective way.